Orange + Coffee? I feel like we don’t give orange enough credit. Orange goes well with pretty much everything….so why not coffee!! I was a little hesitant about this combination but it’s worth the try.
1 cup of ice
2 oz espresso or very concentrated coffee
4 oz milk of choice (almond for me)
1 oz orange juice
Splash of cream (optional)
Orange Cream Foam:
- Combine 2 oz milk, a splash of cream, and 1 oz of orange juice to a cup.
- Froth it up until thick foam consistency.
- Froth remaining milk until thick foam consistency.
- In a separate cup, pour in ice, espresso, and milk to your cup.
- Slightly mix and pour over the orange cream foam.
- Garnish it off with a little bit of honey and enjoy!
The two separate milks will give you a nice layer effect inspired by the creamsicle — if you do not have the patience for that….you can simply just skip the normal milk part and add 4 oz milk to the orange cream foam!
If you enjoy sweeter coffee — I recommend mixing your sweetener of choice in your espresso cup BEFORE pouring it in your drink.