This recipe came about when I was scrambling around my kitchen trying to figure out what to film for Tik Tok during the peak of the global pandemic (2020). I stumbled across a box of cereal and thought to myself “Ok, this is it…let’s make cereal milk.” This sweet, sugary drink brings back so much nostalgia, I can’t get enough of it.
1 cup (240 ml) cinnamon toast crunch
1 cup (240 ml) milk of your choice
3 tsp (15 g) sugar, divided
2 shots (60 ml) espresso
1 cup (240 ml) ice
¼ cup (60 ml) whipping cream
¼ tsp cinnamon, divided
- Combine cereal and milk to a cup. Let it soak for 7-10 minutes. Eat or discard the cereal.
- Mix 2 teaspoons (10 g) sugar and hot espresso together.
- Pour in ice, cereal milk, and espresso to the cup.
- In a separate cup, make the cinnamon whipped cream. Combine the whipping cream, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon and froth for 45-60 seconds until a thick, whipped consistency forms.
- Spoon the cinnamon whipped cream on top of your drink and finish with a dash of cinnamon.
Tip: Almond or macadamia milk is recommended for this recipe.